It’s Happening! Weddings in New York finally have reason to rejoice. New York’s Governor Cuomo announced during a news briefing on Friday January 29, 2021 that FINALLY, the maximum capacity for Weddings in New York will increase from 25% to 50% capacity with a maximum of 150 Guests.
Up to 150 Guests at New York Weddings starting March 15, 2021
But before you seal and stamp those invitations there are some things you should know:
- As it is now, rules go into effect on March 15, 2021
- Guest will be tested and approved by the local health department PRIOR to attending the wedding
- Not know as yet, who will manage the testing stats ( clients, venue, planner)
- More rapid testing locales are being developed across the state
- An app to track test results and stats is in development and soon to be released
Good news for Brides and Grooms (and everyone) around. I’ for one, am happy to know mandatory covid testing will be required. This should be of comfort to wedding guests knowing that an extra measure of caution has been taken. NOW… that doesn’t mean a free for all
Masks and social distancing is still encouraged. Especially since a negative test result on Monday doesn’t necessarily mean a negative test result on Saturday. Precautions should still be taken.
New York Weddings are back
But for now, let’s take a moment and smile that NYC weddings will now allow up to 150 Guests.