2018 has been a YEAR!. A fascinating one full of surprises, celebrations and a little bit of yuckiness too but we won’t sweat the small stuff.. As I am here planning my 2019 business year I want to share with you some of my most memorable moments of 2018 ( in no particular order):
- Finally said yes to coaching: This has been on the back burner for a few years now and FINALLY I said let’s do this! and I am soooo glad I did. Late in the year I met with two well respected professionals in the industry and I am well underway in making some much needed changes, adjustments and improvements thanks the these two lovey ladies.
- I’m Re-Branding: Yup! we are switching things up around here in the JunePlumm Events world! Stay tuned for more…
- PopUp Brooklyn: I look forward to this event every year, but this year was incredibly challenging. Both Deniesha ( @FunFeteFabulous) and I handle every single detail and task for our guests (family and close friends). They have the pleasure of just showing up and having fun. Which works fine but this year, individually, we were very busy and free time was scarce. But thanks to an inclement weather threat, the event was pushed back a week and we were able to get it done how we wanted it!
- B Collective Article on “Mixing Culture & Weddings“: I have always wanted to write…ALWAYS, for a magazine and thankfully Eliana of Elly B Events and The B Collective approached me with this wonderful opportunity and I cannot thank her enough.
- 40 Fit & Fabulous: I had the pleasure of being the Creative Director on a photoshoot for a beautiful young lady turning 40, Fit and Fabulous!. and that she was. Several garment changes and several locations around the Atlanta, GA area, for Lola to show the world her personality, her style and her fabulousness. (photo by @KateHillPhoto)
- This gorgeous Cake Swing from Shades of Grey Productions for Natasha & Cecil’s wedding (more on their wedding in an upcoming post). Natasha wanted bling and she got bling BLING! Between the cake swing from Shades of Grey and the bedazzled blingtasic cake from J’Adore cakes, everyone left that wedding blind! (photo by Matt Ellis for Joshua Dwain Photography)
- This Escort Card table for Natasha and CJ’s June Wedding: I had a vision and Deniesha from Fun Fete Fabulous brought it to life. Escort card displays has always been favorite of mine and this one is leading the pact. Thanks Dee!
- The blending of Trinidad and Nigeria Culture: Nko and Lukman’s wedding was full of color and culture and vibes. The brides family is from Trinidad and the Groom is Nigerian, so naturally this was a wonderful opportunity to combine the best of both worlds and that we did. From steel pan players to African drummers, this wedding was culturally diverse and EXCITING! ( more on this wedding soon). (photo by Andrew Browne Photography)
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex: This wedding was EVERYTHING and then some. I woke up at the crack of dawn to take in all the opulence, grandeur and the love. So much love in the room I felt every heartbeat.
- The MOST shocking Review I have EVERRR received!!! Go ahead and read!
Reviewed On 6/04/2018by Faizah P
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!! If you are looking for excellent, perfection, professionalism, creativity, personalization, and caring…… This is NOT the company for you!!!!! Several years ago, I attended a friend’s wedding in New York, which was the most beautiful, well organized wedding that I have ever experienced. What really touched me where how the bride and groom’s cultures were incorporated all throughout the wedding. It was on this day that I met Camille Plummer of June Plumm Events. Upon getting a moment to speak with her I told her, “I have two daughters. When it is time for them to get married, I going to call you.” Six years later, upon my eldest daughter’s engagement, I kept my promise and called on June Plumm. From the very first “daydream” meeting where Camille inquired as to our wildest dreams for the wedding, right down to making those dreams come true, at a fair and reasonable price, Camille made the magic happen. She is based in NYC and we are located in Houston, TX. Halfway across the country, our every desire was heard, researched and taken care of as if she were next door!. From venue options, wedding design, vendor management, etiquette guidance, transportation coordination, and refereeing, the occasional clashes between myself and my daughter on design differences, Camille was the ULTIMATE professional from beginning to end. With her extensive arsenal of design supplies, She was able to produce a luxury wedding, at a affordable price. Weeks before the wedding, boxes began to arrive at home full of items from her stash. When she landed in Houston, she came with two very large suitcases full of yet more supplies, and her dress for the wedding and her toothbrush in her purse! LOL. Her “day of” coordination was second to none. In her professional, black, tailor made June Plumm signature attire, we called her “Matrix Lady”. It seemed as if she was at the venue managing the set up and vendor deliveries, at the hotel with us getting the bride dressed, and doing sight runs with the photo/video teams ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I simple could not keep up. However she does it, she is magic. A special kind of magic that made my daughter’s wedding unforgettable and the talk of the town. Camille is the best friend a girl could have, literally, for their special day. Just when I thought that my daughter had the wedding of her dreams and it was time to come down off of cloud nine, Miss Camille srtuck again. Due to her outstanding design and choice of photographer, my daughter’s wedding was identified and featured by a national bridal magazine!!! Needless to say, it has been two months, and my family remains on the on cloud nine. June Plumm, you have raised the bar on the look, feel, and organization of weddings. If you want some of that magic and want your dreams to come true, don’t walk… RUN to June Plumm events. You will not be disappointed!
The opening caught you too didn’t it:)
2018 was a good year! And from the looks of things 2019 is going to be even better. Our Wedding season officially kicks off in March so we have plenty of work to do. See you next year:)