Your best friend is engaged and expect you to play an integral part in your wedding…BUT, you just found out you are expecting… NOW WHAT! Well lucky for you, the old wives tail that expectant mothers should not take part in weddings is phooey. But before you say yes to the dress, consider the following:
- Be honest, ensure the bride is fully aware that you are expecting. And if you are NOT comfortable with taking part in the wedding as a pregnant bridesmaid, then say so. There are plenty of ways for you to be a part of the event and show your love without walking down the aisle.
- Be comfortable, do not constrain yourself in a garment that is restricted and does not breathe well. Consider the fabric of the dress and the time of year of the wedding.
- Consider how far along you will be at the time of the wedding. The size you are now, is probably not the size you will be when you walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid. So inform the staff at the bridal salon that you are expecting. They will be knowledgeable enough to guide you in ordering the correct dress in the proper size. They may even suggest waiting until you are in a specific part of your pregnancy before ordering the bridesmaid dress
- Wear comfy shoes. Let’s face it, your feet may swell up to the size of a balloon. So comfort is a necessity. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Consider the your due date and the date of the wedding. The wedding day is probably not the time for your to welcome your plus 1
All things considered, if you do decide to take part in the wedding, don’t stress over your size or weight or position (easier said than done I know). Just remember you are there for your friend, and it’s her moment. She will be sure to return the favor, love and attention when it is your moment…to welcome your beautiful baby boy or girl.