I never thought I would find myself looking at this picture and actually liking what I see
Anyone that knows me right now just gasped. I love balloons, don’t get me wrong. I was just NEVER a fan of using balloons as a decorative element at weddings. But…I’ve gotten a little soft in my aging event planning years. Balloons used at a weddings can be nice (I can’t believe I even just wrote that) IF…and only IF it is used properly. Here are some of my views on when a balloon may or may not be appropriate for a wedding:
- For Gods sake please do not use any mylar balloons in shapes if you want to consider your wedding a “classy affair”
- Please NO balloon arches, animal shapes or hearts of any kind…just say NO
- When in doubt keep it simple. Consistency in color, shape and size goes a long way.
- Have a venue with a nasty ceiling. Camouflage it with a bunch of same color/size balloons. but NOT if this is a formal wedding.
- Having an outside ceremony/reception without tents. Paint the skies with some same color color large round balloons.
Of course there are exceptions to every rule and what I have stated is no way set in stone. What you should take away from this post is when used right, balloons can work. BUT it is not appropriate for every occasion.