My latest obsession = BOLD Black and white stripes.
What do I love about it?
- It’s VERY eye catching
- You can add any color with it and it accents it VERY well
- A little bit of stripes goes a long way and still makes an impact
- It’s magic… put it on (an object) and immediately adds length and width (not always a positive when it comes to horizontal striped clothing though)
- Did I mention it is VERY eye catching
So what do you think? Too much for you or right up your alley? I will admit… it’s ALLOT, and not for the faint at heart. But as I mentioned before, if you love bold stripes but your not ready to fully commit, see #3 above: “a little bit of stripes goes a long way”. If you feel like it might be for you, here are some ways to consider infusing this awesomely amazingly beautiful design into your wedding, for the Bold AND the Bashful
- Bold: Use a striped table cover… Bashful: Use a solid color table cover with a black and white striped linen runner
- Bold: Wear a broad striped belt with a striped ribbon flower fascinator…Bashful: Wrap your bouquet with striped ribbon
- Bold: Drape the ceiling of your reception tent with black and white fabric…Bashful: Use a striped dinner napkin and let it hang over the side of the table but under your charger
- Bold: Add stripes to your outdoor ceremony by alternating black and white lawn or chiavari chairs…Bashful: Have your stationary designer add a subtle stripe to the ceremony program and leave one on alternating chairs
- Bold: Striped bow or neck ties…Bashful: Striped cuff links
- Bold: Striped flower girl dress (solid on the top and striped from the waist down)…Bashful: Striped ponytail ribbon
It’s your wedding, do it how you want to. Either stand waaaaay out or stand out a little, but whatever you do…STAND OUT!
SO…are you Bold or Cautious?