The weather is warming up and more and more wedding ceremonies are moving outdoors. GREAT! But as the weather heats up so will your guests, so keep them comfortable and consider adding one or two of these to help shield the sunshine:
- Sunglasses: Especially if you don’t mind the cool factor
- Fans: Unless your ceremony program doubles as a fan, give your guest some fans to help keep them cool and breezy. There are so many fan options so I am sure you can find one to compliment that style and colors of your wedding
- Draping: You can still keep your ceremony outdoorsy and still block some of the sun with light organza draping. it’s also keeps your ceremony space feeling intimate but NOT small
- Parasols: Too big a parasol could be distracting to your other guests but at the right size it could provide allot of shade (and they are too cute)
- Plan Ahead: The hottest times of the day is usually around 3pm. So plan your outdoor ceremony earlier in the day before the sun begins to peak and is at it’s warmest, or later when it is on it’s way to cool down mode.
- Communicate: Either word of mouth, on your wedding website or carefully worded on your invite, let your guests know that your ceremony will be outdoors. This way your guests will arrive knowing they will be in the sunshine and will dress accordingly.
- Bottle Water: Take it one step further and personalize them with your logo, picture or a fun message
Sure your ceremony may be short but 20 minutes can feel like 20 hours if you are hot and uncomfortable. And remember…your guests aren’t the only ones baking in the sun YOU are too. Considering the style and weight of your bridal gown, you may be more uncomfortable than they are. So plan ahead and make it easier on you and your guests.