Not a fan of big poofy expensive floral centerpiece? Then don’t use them. Yes, when you attend a wedding or other event, the centerpieces are typically floral but that does not mean yours have to be. There are so many other options to use to make a statement that does not involve a a large expensive floral centerpiece. For instance:
- Candles make a fabulous alternative to the typical floral centerpiece. As an extra added bonus, the flicker of the candle light adds a nice warm glow to the atmosphere
- Try creating a fruit topiary or arrangement. Incorporate fruits with similar color palettes that add to the overall decor. Stay away from fruits with strong odors. You do not want the fruity smell to compromise your pallet
- Try using natural elements, like stones, branches, shells. Take cues from the theme of your event. If you are having a beachy affair. Use shells in differing sizes colors and shapes. Starfish, sand and river rocks pair nicely with them as well.
- Another option is an edible centerpiece. Instead of having one big cake, you can serve each table individual cakes and use a centerpiece. This is my LEAST favorite option, because you will be left centerpiece-less once it is eaten. (keep that in mind)
- Candelabras or lamps make for a very show stopping option. As well as add lighting to your table.
- Feathers. Ethereal, very fun and flirty. This options translates well amongst most occasions.
Whatever you choose, you almost cannot go wrong (…I said almost). The direction you choose should be taken from the style, vision and formality of the event. Pull elements from each and infuse your creativity and sense of uniqueness.