- If your dress is shorter than your fingernails then it is too short for the wedding.
- If the bride and groom are party animals then chances are the wedding will be all about the music. So if you like to cut a mean rug, make sure your dress can move with your groove. Nothing worse than hearing great music and watching everyone hit the dance floor and you are stuck in your seat because your dress is stiff, tight but cute.
- If you are invited to a day time wedding, it’s probably best that you skip the sequins long flowing gown with the matching tiara.
- If you are close to the bride and you know the wedding colors are purple and peach, then maybe you should save those colors for the bridesmaids. Don’t assume that means you have to go out and buy a dress that is the color of the wedding. This may be an old school belief (I still have some of those) but I still think it is one I intend to hold on to for another year or three. Unless the couple insists that you wear one of their wedding colors…just skip it.
- It is totally okay to put on a cute summer dress. Just not if the wedding invite says “Formal”. Summer dresses are cute for informal daytime outdoor country side weddings.
- A red dress is no longer reserved for the harlot that is having an affair with the groom (well maybe in certain parts of the country) but if you do wear red wear it tastefully.
- By all means, say YES to the little black dress.
- If you have a dress in your closet that you have worn to a wedding once in the past, use it again and just mix it up. Add newer jewelry, a scarf, a bold belt and/or a shoe the complete opposite color of the dress to make it new again.
- Pants are okay. If it is a dressy chic pant suit that fits the occasion.
- Black tie formal means…Black Tie Formal. DRESS UP!
- How about we avoid the wardrobe malfunction and cover those “girls” up. I’m not saying you wear a turtleneck. What I am saying is keep it tasteful and the cleavage to a minimum.
Whatever you choose to wear, make sure you are putting your best YOU forward. The bride and groom have carefully selected you to attend this very important time in their lives. Make sure you dress the part.
Thanks to @TOG, a Fan on JunePlumm Events Page for asking this quetion. We hope we have helped you make your dress shopping decisions easier.