The candy station has been around for a while now and I have a feeling it is going no where soon. But do you know that you can pretty much take any favorite sweet or treat and turn it into a fun festive station for your guests. If you would like to implement a special station at your next event dare to venture outside the box and turn your favorite treat into a station your guest will dig and that is different from the norm. If you need a little bit of mind jogging, consider these:
- Popcorn: You can offer different flavors like caramel, kettle corn, plain, or buttered flavor. Or you can choose and variety of colored popcorn. You do know you can find them in a variety of colors don’t you? Oh and don’t forget to offer up cute popcorn cups or boxes to go along with it as well.
- Cookies: offer your favorite variety of flavors like oreos, chocolate chip, hazelnut,peanut butter…the varieties are endless
- Donuts: YES I said donuts. Serve up your favorite. You can offer your favorite flavors of glazed, sprinkled, filled, chocolate, etc. Or you can use the donut minis for a light treat. If you go this route, try pairing it with a mini milk bar or flavored coffee’s for an EXTRA treat
- Chips: Bet they can’t eat just one. Try plain, cheddar, sour cream and chives, ketchup, cheese or you can try a variety of veggie flavored chips for a healthier sampling.
- Tropical Drinks: Try a station and encourage guests to mix and match. Varieties can include mango, pineapple, guava, orange, papaya. Great option if you are having a dry wedding and want to bring in a tropical flair to the evening
- Nachos & Dip: do you know how many different types of dips there are…TONS.. Pick your favorites and have samplers in mini cups. Don’t forget to make sure each flavor is clearly labeled.
- Incorporate a variety of treats popular to your culture. E.g: Are you Jamaican (like I am) Then try to offer treats like, tambrind balls, paradise plum, busta, drops, greatercake. The options are endless and it will be awesome for your guests to enjoy the treats you and your family grew up on