Your bridesmaids have been really good to you throughout your engagement. They have been supportive, they didn’t complain about wearing the same lime green taffeta dress with flower applique in every color in the rainbow (with a rainbow pin in their hair). They showed up on time to every rehearsal for your “Beat It” specialty dance routine. No one had a problem spending 200+ on matching shoes. Everyone shoes up to your 2 bridesmaids meeting per month. They dried your tears when you cried because the florist put pink roses instead of blush roses in the floral mock-up. Face it, they have been saints! And now you want to thank them but your not sure how.
Here are some ideas:
- Jewelry: Do I even need to elaborate on why.
- PJ’s: Cute ones of course, with bridal party socks (it ups the cute factor)
- Spa Gift Certificate: After 8+ months of being your personal b*t… ah mean “helper” don’t you think they deserve it
- A Gift Certificate: To their favorite restaurant (even if that favorite restaurant is Red Lobster…where applicable)
- A Clutch Purse: To hold their lipstick, cell phone and blot powder for the wedding day. Nothing big, just something small, cute and that can be used for multiple occasions.
- A Kindle: such a great gift. And with some many colors, you might be able to find one with a coordinating color to your wedding.
- Personalize MP3 Player. Personalize it with her name, “Best Bridesmaid” or the wedding date. Get creative with it
- Personalized Stationary: And then write a personal “Thank YOU” note on the first sheet.
- Her favorite “__________” (fill in the blank): I’m assuming, because you put her in your bridal party you know her. You know her likes, loves, and dislikes. So get her her favorite wine: if she’s a wine drinker, Magazine subscription: if she’s an avid reader of a particular mag and just hasn’t gotten around to subscribing yet, Chocolates: if she has an insatiable sweet tooth. The point is pick something you know she will appreciate and appeals to her as an individual AND something that is different for each member of the bridal party. It will make her feel special that you really put some thought into it.
If you get your girls a few small items, put them together in a personalized or a Bridesmaids tote. Presentation is just as important as the gift itself.
*NOTE: Don’t go overboard on the gifts if t is a financial hardship. a GREAT gift doesn’t have to be expensive. Make a budget and stick to it. if they are your REAL friends they will appreciate the gesture and be eternally grateful for it!